Saturday, January 29, 2011

Time also moving on...

This morning, almost two weeks ago (tomorrow) into my cross-country journey, I am going to attend to a little blog-keeping, as it were...

First, I apologize to those of you following my blogging adventure, and requesting accompanying photos, for the lack of same. It seems to be that I am not, in general, interested in documentation that involves technology more complicated than that already readily at my fingertips (or in my brain). My sense is that perhaps one day I will go there, however for now, I have more than enough on my plate. So for those of you looking for visuals, I would ask you simply to bear with me, and use your delightful imaginations.

A second item of explanation, as it were, pertaining to the randomness of my cd selections (should you have wondered), and their order, or lack thereof, as well as my choice to listen to them in their entirety (as opposed to compiling, as some of my more ambitious friends have chosen to do, and whose resulting gifts to me over the years I treasure immensely...)...the cd's were culled from my out-of-control collection while packing, and reflect a random selection of those titles that I either had not listened to in years, or in fact could not remember at all. My thought was that this was at long last an ideal opportunity to catch up on my listening, enjoy some old friends, and then feel free to divest myself of those cd's no longer likely to enhance my listening experience. So they all got randomly, again, tossed in a Trader Joe's traveling bag adorned with surfboards, along with some reading material for the journey, and have been pulled out and played, again randomly and with joyous surprise and abandonment discovered anew by my ears. (no particular recommendations are to be inferred by their inclusion in the listening list...)

Finally, at least for this morning, I intend to continue for a few last days, to update my thoughts on these two weeks of traveling, in the hopes that you my readers will enjoy even a taste of the quiet euphoria that this odyssey is bringing to me...

WHAT a beautiful morning...(as usual, sigh...)

Yours in simple bliss,

Christina

2 comments:

  1. It seems like yesterday (last January in fact) when we shared a meal together at your local bookstore in Miami celebrating your Birthday from the year before. South Africa was in the horizon for your 50th but somehow we didn’t quite make it. Laughing in the park with Goddess Diana was so much fun and I can’t believe its been more than one year . Its so much fun to always be celebrating your Birthday (late or early) Just one big celebration…called LIFE . Let me be the first to wish you Happy Birthday Christina just in case I should forget the actual day. With love and warm wishes, happy travels my dear friend.
    Besos Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are so very busy with good things that you have no time for writing.
    They mentioned the http://deauvillebeachresort.com/ on WLRN for an event and I thought of you once again.
    Be well and let us awaiting fans know if you made it to the west....

    ReplyDelete