Friday, January 28, 2011

Serendipity in abundance!

Just a note about how beautifully the days and meetings with friends are flowing...

2 serendipities of note:

The first:

The one night that I was to pass through Atlanta (en route to Austin through New Orleans, a detour I was commited to making for laughter) and planned to stay with my dear & VERY funny Laughter-Yoga friend Celeste was Tuesday last week, January 17th?, and AS the universe would have it, this night was also Celeste's inaugural Laughter Yoga group @ Crossfit, a boxing/martial arts gym in Atlanta...and it was an uproarious success (20 people, previously strangers, laughing their asses off together in one room)...and I got to be
there to witness, participate, and LAUGH! YAY!

The second:

The one night that I was to pass through Phoenix (keeping a promise to myself to donate an hour of my Joy in Motion Music Therapy-which begins with laughter yoga-to the Beatitudes dementia facility there) happened to coincide with my dear and longtime friends Lee & John driving out from LA to hear a long-lost friend of Lee's, Jill Gardner (Facebook can, I suppose, allow for expanded serendipities) sing in the Arizona Opera's stunning (who knew-Arizona Opera?) production of Puccini's Turandot....so at 2pm on last Sunday afternoon I found myself enjoying a 9th row center seat (thank goodness for undated student id's) and a surprisingly impressive performance of an Opera I had never before heard/seen in its entirety...WHAT an incredibly enjoyable experience...dined with the lovely singer and her equally lovely singer-husband Jake afterwards, marveling at the unexpected gifts of serendipity with which life can surprise us...

Life IS good...and every day a reminder...

More later from Los Angeles, upon reflection...

(have to spend some time now continuing to look on-line for a new home in Monterey...)

Yours in blissful slow-motion,

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment